Subject: Re: Vaxstation 2000 netboot + disk support
To: ville hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/2000 13:29:06
On Wed 15 Mar 2000 at 21:18:01 +0200, ville hautakangas wrote:
> But I don't get my VS2000 even to boot. I set it up just like a 3100/30,
> it gets the MOP image, it talks to bootparamd and gets the right
> response,
> but then comes "Unknown error: code -1" and that's it. After the
> autobooter
> has gone through its list of different kernel names, it presents the
> prompt. But saying
>
> > boot anything
>
> returns Device not configured.

Funny, my microVAX 2000 netboots just fine, it's just that when the
kernel is supposed to print to the console (starting with the copyright
message) the output disappears into some black hole. From the bootserver
I can see it does go on though, and at least tries to mount the nfs
root. But there's something else going wrong, and I can't see what...
because it never comes up multiuser.

> - hautis
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder.ubc.     -- If one tells the truth,
\X/ .kun.nl     -- one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out. (Oscar Wilde)