Subject: Re: Desperately seeking...
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2000 23:23:29
Chuck McManis wrote:

> At 11:00 PM 3/14/00 -0600, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:
> >I wonder if anyone out there has a terminal server they'd be willing to
> >part with? I'm looking for something with at least 8 ports (preferably
> >10), preferably MMJ.
>
> Do you have a BA213 based VAX near them? How about a CXA16 to plug in (16
> async lines) and then a regular harmonica block adapter. Its supported
> under NetBSD and you can write any software you choose (or just telnet to
> the VAX and then TIP over to the line you want.) I'm kind of doing this
> with a MicroVAX 3400 that was sitting idle here.

I'm trading the last of my home Q-bus systems to the guy who's letting me put
the 4000/200 in the ISP. It's a good trade - I get all the bandwidth I need,
power, cooling, all gratis, and he gets a KA650 in a BA123. Yes, it's got a
DHV11 in it, so it could have worked, but I need the space it was taking up
besides. And I don't feel like paying BlackBox $12 each for 8 more MMJ->DB25
adapters.

--
 -Buckaroo