Subject: Desperately seeking...
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2000 23:00:55
I wonder if anyone out there has a terminal server they'd be willing to
part with? I'm looking for something with at least 8 ports (preferably
10), preferably MMJ.

Let me be more specific. I have 8 VS3100/m38s and a VS4000/60, and
exactly one MMJ->DB25 connector, and exactly one VT220 terminal. I'd
prefer to keep it this way. What I want, is to be able to (a) use the
terminal to log into the serial consoles of any of the 9 machines listed
above, and (b) be able to telnet into any of the above serial consoles.

I've got an old 3Com CS2100, unfortunately, 3Com has NO documentation or
software available for this device. I've actually offered them money,
and they tell me they have nothing. I checked with a guy I know who
works for them. They have nothing. It bites, really it does.

So, in keeping that in mind, I would like a terminal server that is
configurable either through a terminal, or through TFTP/BOOTP, or some
COMMON NON-PROPRIETARY software that runs on NetBSD or Win95. It's not
that much to ask, is it? :)

Willing to pay $$ (note the two figures, remember this is a hobby, and I
can still walk around and move the one MMJ cable I have for free), or
trade multiple KA630, MS630, KA650 (have one), or other Q-Bus stuff.
(and no, I won't trade one of my SCSI cards). Oh, and I've got a QDSS
I'm not using anymore.

Thank you for your time.
--
 -J. Buck Caldwell