Subject: Building -current from 1.4.1?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/12/2000 11:27:00
Ok, sometimes the lack of interface discipline in "open source projects"
drives me nuts.

I'd like to start a fresh build of current, cvs updated to the latest and
greatest, set my DESTDIR and MACHINE vars, then do a make build. I get an
error that make can't find bsd.crypto.mk. Snoop around in the new
/usr/src/share/mk source and sure enough, the way the crypto code is built
is being re-whacked. (What was wrong with having it in 'domestic' I don't
know. So I update my make with 'make -m /usr/src/share/mk' so that I pick
up the new make files and the build bombs with "can't cd to /libcrypto'
which presumably is some other environment variable that I need to set now
but don't. The readme isn't helpful in trying to get it to build.

So if someone has a concise set of additional rules I need to build the
system with the new crypto code let me know (or how to disable it, I'm just
trying to get to a clean release tree so that I can continue with my DSSI
explorations.

--Chuck