Subject: MV3900 questions [Was Re: MOP (Was ...)]
To: Cliff Albert <cliff@oisec.net>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/07/2000 07:40:39
On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Cliff Albert wrote:

> As this is my first encounter with VAX's and NetBSD/VAX. I have a few
> questions.
>
> 1  - The second MSCP controller in the MV 3900 doesn't work for some
> strange reason (check http://www.netbsd.nl/bootlog). It isn't broken
> because it does work in VMS

The GENERIC kernel config file only enables the first MSCP controller. In
order for both controllers to be visible under NetBSD/vax, you'll have to
create a new config file and recompile the kernel.  (Or have someone do it
for you).

> 2  - When booting the MV 3900 i still get a error when the VAX is checking
> itself, Further examination tells that Test 53 failes.. Some ideas on this
> ??

I don't know on that one... anyone, anyone?

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
For these reasons, and hundreds of others, I am forced to conclude that a
virtual frog is not as much fun as an actual frog.  -- K.