Subject: Re: MOP (Re: [VAX] Re: Running the 19991115 snapshot)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Cliff Albert <cliff@oisec.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/06/2000 22:26:03
On Mon, 6 Mar 2000 some message from Brian Chase appeared before me saying,

>> The mopd that comes with NetBSD works fine to boot my VAX off my
>> Alpha. But of course it only needs to supply the netbootloader, which
>> is fairly small.
>
>I have no troubles with mopd under NetBSD/sparc 1.4.1.  I've not taken a
>look at the more recent versions.

I have only used a MOPd client under RedHat Linux 6.1, Don't know exactly
which mopd it was. But works like a charm for booting a MicroVax 3900 and
a VaxServer 3100.

As this is my first encounter with VAX's and NetBSD/VAX. I have a few
questions.

1  - The second MSCP controller in the MV 3900 doesn't work for some
strange reason (check http://www.netbsd.nl/bootlog). It isn't broken
because it does work in VMS

2  - When booting the MV 3900 i still get a error when the VAX is checking
itself, Further examination tells that Test 53 failes.. Some ideas on this
??

--
 Met vriendelijke groet,
	Cliff Albert <cliff@oisec.net>