Subject: Re: 1.4.1 vaxdiffs.gz file
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/04/2000 15:20:43
On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > While getting 1.4.2 finalized we discovered
> >
> > 	/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4.1/vax/vaxdiffs.gz
> >

> Well, I have committed (almost) all of those fixes into -current now.
> Many thanks for this! Great!

Argh.. Brownlee and I worked hard on this during the 1.4.1 release and I
know we asked to have them pulled up into the tree(s) at that time. Well
Brownlee did the coding and generated the diffs.  I was his personal QA
dept and tested the changes on my collection of VAXen.  I was really
hoping they'd have made their way into 1.4.2 since a lot of the vaxdiffs
were what made the 1.4.1 a relatively easy release to install from
scratch.

At the very least, it'd be nice if a similar set of patches were available
under 1.4.2 for people to apply to the distributed 1.4.2 sources.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
      "Never program a computer you can lift." -- Barry Shein