Subject: Re: MOP (Re: [VAX] Re: Running the 19991115 snapshot)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/04/2000 22:42:52
der Mouse wrote:

> > Ah, well my general point was that the NetBSD MOP implementation (I
> > *THINK*) is buggy as hell on all ports except vax.
>
> I went searching and I found a MOP daemon I wrote ages and ages ago
> (1991, according to the file timestamps) to run under SunOS on a SPARC.
> It worked for netbooting a MicroVAX-II at the time.

I hacked together support for the NetBSD mopd to boot ecoff kernels
and posted the patches to port-pmax.  I could boot kernels ok on a
DECstation that couldn't tftp boot.  Someone (sorry, I forgot who off
the top of my head) was going to try to get ELF kernel support done for
them.  I dig up more info if anyone is interested.

Simon.