Subject: Re: No QBUS in the "supported hardware devices"?
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/04/2000 22:40:13
[ ick, I typed more than that before ... ]

Simon Burge wrote:

> Chuck McManis wrote:
>
> > At 08:31 AM 3/2/00 -0700, emanuel stiebler wrote:
> > >Probably, because the title says:
> > >
> > >"Busses supported by machine-independent code"
> > >And the qbus is supported only on the port-vax at the moment ?
> > >;-)
> >
> > And hopefully we can change that when the Q-bus code is merged into the
> > PMAX port and my DECSystem 5500 will become another wonderful NetBSD platfo
rm

I've made a rather half-hearted attempt at 5500 support, but discovered
I know absolutely zip about vax console support.  I can get a kernel to
boot and panic with "Console not supported." really easily :-(

Does anyone have any pointers to doco on the "System Support Chip" that
handles console I/O?  There seems to be scattered references among the
ka650 code, but not much...

Simon.