Subject: Re: 1.4.2 will not have a vax Xserver
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/04/2000 12:03:41
> Unless someone can figure out where the heck machine/qvioctl.h went and
> give me a patch in a few days, mono_io.c will not build on 1.4.2 and that
> means no Xserver for NetBSD/vax 1.4.2.
>
> I already posted about this once.

Ok, now when I'm back online I can tell the story:

machine/qvioctl.h is a leftover since 4.4BSD. It has no need of existance
at all in NetBSD.

The X server for NetBSD/vax is quite useless; it has no support for
mouse or keyboard but it can display X programs :-) I just hacked it
for fun to see if it worked at all. The reason it needs qvioctl.h is
that I haven't cleaned up all references to the qv structures in the
X server files.

So, you can leave it out without problem. It's useless anyway.

-- Ragge