Subject: Partial, experimental, snapshot 2000-02-24 available
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/04/2000 11:39:50
I finally finished the most important bits of the VAX snapshot.
There is no installation support yet, I'm sorry, the INSTALL kernel
keeps resisting compilation. Use the previous snapshot or 1.4.1 for
that. But the main system sets are there.

Not everything went right the first time, so I had to restart a few
times. So it may not be entirely perfect. No warranty, etc, bla bla.

I made the sets available on azenomei.knuffel.net, my Alpha at home, on
a rate-limited cable modem. So please don't grab it all at once. Maybe
somebody can try it (I haven't had the time yet) and then I can put it
somewhere more official.

Share and enjoy,
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder.ubc.     -- If one tells the truth,
\X/ .kun.nl     -- one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out. (Oscar Wilde)