Subject: Re: Running the 19991115 snapshot
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/02/2000 16:37:54
> You'll need the MOP load image from the netbsd ftp server as well.
> What you should need is in version/vax/installation/netboot I can't
> give you any help on actually netbooting because the MOP
> implementation on all other platforms except vax refuses to work for
> me,

So it's not just me!  All my previous messages about MOPbooting
troubles were with a sun3 as bootserver.  (Actually, it depends on the
client too - a uVAX-II loaded boot.mop from the sun3, but a uVAX-2000
refuses.)

These days I download boot.mop to the uV2k over the console serial
line; I'll be happy to send the program I use to do that to anyone who
wants a copy.  It's undocumented and has a number of hardwired
constants that really shouldn't be hardwired constants, but it may
serve as a good starting point for someone.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca