Subject: Re: Running the 19991115 snapshot
To: Joel Sutton <jsutton@bbcon.com.au>
From: CHRISTOPHER J. TRIBO <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/02/2000 15:03:55
> I'm wanting to netboot my VS3100 with the 19991115 snapshot. So I guess
> that means I need a recent netboot kernel...???
>
> Thanks, Joel...

	You'll need the MOP load image from the netbsd ftp server as well.
What you should need is in version/vax/installation/netboot I can't give
you any help on actually netbooting because the MOP implementation on
all
other platforms except vax refuses to work for me, and I don't have
another vax to try netbooting it with. I only have some MIPS pmax boxes
and I have yet to be able to mop boot them from each other or mop boot
the
vax. There was chat about trying to fix mop on other platforms with a
mop
image that would be able to load ELF and ECOFF/XCOFF/COFF format, but so
far
there isn't anything available except what people have written
hard-coded into
their own mop images. If this is off of correct I'm sure Brian will
correct
me. It seems to be general concensus that the MOP implementation needs a
lot
of work. You're better off using DD on another machine. Or floppy
booting
if you can get it to work correctly. (I still haven't, but Brian sais
that he
has been able to)

	Chris