Subject: Re: PC based VAX emulators? (free or commerical)
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Kolb <daniel.kolb@corpus-christi.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/01/2000 18:00:04
David Brownlee wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Dan Kolb wrote:
>
> > I've found one (some time ago) called evax. I'm not sure how good it is,
> > as I haven't installed it. It's Free (speech), and I've put the tgz of
> > the source and a gzip of the PDF manual at
> > http://ox.compsoc.net/~dankolb/evax
> > The whole lot together is around 400k to download.
>
>         Sounds like a nice little task to turn this into a package for
>         pkgsrc - anyone up to the job? :)
>
>                 David/absolute

Hopefully it should work under NetBSD without too much problem - it just
compiled fine under Linux (cd source ; make ; cd .. ; ./evax). It's a
console program, but I've got no idea what to type in when it runs
(maybe if I read the docs <g>).
I think it's just pure C code, so, anyone for trying/porting it to a
Vax? (Vax emulator running on a Vax; should be, er, interesting :).

Dan
--
dankolb@ox.compsoc.net

'Common sense is a set of prejudices built up over a lifetime'
--I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any comments or
  opinions expressed--