Subject: Re: VAXstation 2000 netboot
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Ville U Hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/28/2000 10:40:51
> Does *anyone* have a VS2k or uV2k successfully booting diskless?

I've had VS2000 netbooting and running VMS 5.5-something and currently I
netboot experimental linux-vax kernels on it. No problems at all. I use
the same mopd as with NetBSD, but haven't tried NetBSD on a VS2K.

I use the thinwire ethernet connector, never used a transceiver on that
type of machine. Assumably older DEC devices want the setting thing on the
transceiver disabled. Heck, I just can't recall what the little DIP was
called...  it's found on newer transceivers.

- hautis