Subject: RE: partitioning RD54
To: None <PORTVAX@trailing-edge.com>
From: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/2000 22:49:36
Tim,

Do you think that the same caveat applies to the RD53?  I have about
six of these that all had VMS working on them when I got them.  I
disklabel'ed and newfs'ed several of them in uVaxIIs, and had them
working for awhile.  However, I was occasionally getting errors
similar to the one below, and now they've stopped working.  I
have tried putting them into a VS2000 and doing the "test 72",
but that computer replies with an error when trying to access
the RD53.  Could these drives be fried now, or is there some other
way to low level format them again, besides in the VS2000?

Doug