Subject: Re: VS4000/60 problem and Wierd 3800 problem.
To: J. Buck Caldwell <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/26/2000 23:36:41
on 2/26/00 11:25 PM, J. Buck Caldwell at buckaroo@igps.org wrote:

> After the kernel (1.4L-DMASCSI-CRT kernel, 19991115 shapshot) loads, the
> KB is non-responsive. It works fine at the >>>, and the F5/Halt key
> still makes the system stop, and the Hold Screen button still makes the
> lights flash (Micro-Term VT220 emulating terminal), but the Login:
> prompt doesn't accept any characters. Not even enter. Of course, this
> leaves the system pretty much dead in the water, as I can't telnet in as
> root, and that's the only usable account built-in. It appears that I
> can't run pwd_mkdb from the nfs host system to reflect changes in the
> master.passwd either, but I didn't really expect that.

    I had this happen on my VS3100/m30. Since text is working fine your
speed and software handshake settings are correct, does your terminal have
an option for "modem-control"? My DEC VT320 did exactly what you describe
without modem control on. Flipped modem-control on and it works just dandy.

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."