Subject: ncr53c94 support
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@tuug.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/24/2000 14:22:08
On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 11:39:29AM -0800, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

> "It's just a simple matter of coding."(tm) Ideally you can just
> glue sys/dev/ic/ncr53c9x.c to vsbus(?) somehow, and have things work
> magically.  ;)

I have the glue, can detect the controller and devices attached, and can issue
commands to the controller.  What I can't do, though, is actual data transfer --
the 53c94 does not do PIO gracefully, and I do not quite understand how DMA
works in NetBSD/vax[1].

Matt Thomas said a couple of months ago that his version of the driver was
almost finished, so I stopped work on mine.  Maybe I should resurrect my code ...

-- Chris

[1] It's a matter of correlating the KA46 tech docs to the source code, but I
    have been buried in work-for-money lately.