Subject: Re: encryption
To: Fusion Program <mrfusion@guildvax.guild.net>
From: Dan Kolb <daniel.kolb@corpus-christi.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/24/2000 19:53:01
Fusion Program wrote:

>  hey, i saw today that the US finally lifted the idiotic encryption
> export restrictions for 'weak' encryption! UNIX can now lave the country
> in one piece! (not like it was a serious impediment before hehehe)
>
> happy hacking,
> isildur

Oh? I thought the US lifted the export restrictions at least on PGP a
few weeks ago. Of course, I may be wrong.

Dan

P.S. If anyone knows who's throwing away Vaxen in the UK, I'd quite like
to get hold of some <g>.
--
dankolb@ox.compsoc.net

'Common sense is a set of prejudices built up over a lifetime'
--I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any comments or
  opinions expressed--