Subject: Re: Status Vax 4000/60, 400/90, 4000/vlc
To: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/23/2000 17:46:47
Hi !

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Chris Tribo wrote:
[VS 4000 SCSI]
>     Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 53C94 part of the MI SCSI driver?
> I know port PMAX has been working on it for a very long time, and it is
> operational, only it hasn't been committed yet. I haven't closely checked in
> the makefiles, but is this what the VAX SCSI hold up is? I image Ragge is
> working endlessly on the 53C94 driver as well, just wondering about the
> general lack of info on SCSI with the 53C94 driver.

Someone wrote rough support some months ago and said "it should run as soon as
DMA support is in". If DMA on 4000s is the same as on 3100s, we should just
link the SCSI driver into the kernel, this sould be some minor changes to
the source. But i also never tried, no time at the moment.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de