Subject: Re: Status Vax 4000/60, 400/90, 4000/vlc
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/23/2000 01:51:32
on 2/23/00 1:42 AM, Michael Kukat at michael@camaronet.de wrote:

> Hi !
>
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:
>>> Why is the 4000/vlc not marked as supported ?
>>
>> Dunno
>
> Think, it's because of the missing cache. I tried again some days ago, but i
> don't get this cache running. It's different from KA660 cache enabling. But
> the
> box runs fine, just a bit slow, and SCSI is missing on all 4000s (NCR5394).
>
> ...Michael

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 53C94 part of the MI SCSI driver?
I know port PMAX has been working on it for a very long time, and it is
operational, only it hasn't been committed yet. I haven't closely checked in
the makefiles, but is this what the VAX SCSI hold up is? I image Ragge is
working endlessly on the 53C94 driver as well, just wondering about the
general lack of info on SCSI with the 53C94 driver.

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."