Subject: Re: Can NetBSD boot be set up from VMS?
To: None <port-vax@netBSD.org>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2000 23:04:07
<Wheeler <bdwheele@wombat.educ.indiana.edu> writes
<>Is it possible to set up a Vaxstation 4000/60 to boot NetBSD from the dis
<>from VMS?
<
<I have been thinking about trying that with my 2000.  If anyone has any
<experience of this then there are at least 2 of us who would benefit
<from your wisdom ;-)

The answer would be yes, to create a bootable disk but, boot directly
from VMS, no.

VMS does have the disk tools to raw write to a device and with some
effort put all the bits in place.  The details of doing that are not
something I've done myself.  I'm sure a DCL hack can be done to achive
this.  VMS 7.2 under hobby license has C compiler and libs to make this
easier if you prefer C.

Allison