Subject: Re: netbooting a MicroVAX 3300?
To: Sven Leser <linaser_lists@gmx.net>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2000 10:23:56
On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Sven Leser wrote:

> Ok sorry may be this is just an other newbie question....
>
> I checked the page
> http://www.NetBSD.org/Library/Hardware/Machines/DEC/vax/microvaxes.html#microvaxes:microvax_3300
> and found out that the 3300 is supported, but I'm nor sure if my
> onboard ethernet device is supported. I'm even not sure if my disk is
> supported, I read on the page: NetBSD: Can run NetBSD. (but DSSI not
> supported as of 1.4)

The onboard ethernet is not yet supported, but you should be fine if you
can get your hands on a DEQNA or DELQA.

From what I gather from recent discussion on the list, DSSI is supported.
On the Q-bus systems the low-level protocol is pretty much irrelevant.
As long as the controller presents the drives as MSCP storage devices, the
NetBSD/vax kernel will do the right thing.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
                    BRAKE YOOR BRANE: WWW.KIBO.COM