Subject: Re: CMD 220A pinouts?
To: jonl <jonl@yubyub.net>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2000 18:15:52
Hi !

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, jonl wrote:
> > Note that while NetBSD/vax can use the CMD CQD-220 controller, it
> > can't currently boot from it, seemingly because of a problem in
> > "/boot".  I'll be looking into it shortly -- this coming weekend if
> > not before.  For now, I'm using an old /boot (from back in December
> > 1998, I believe), that works just fine with -current.
>
> Thanks for the note...  Actually, I'm using the booter hacked by Michael
> Kukat to support the 4000/200s, so I don't think I can roll it
> back.  That's ok, I was going to netboot, and just mount / locally.

You have the patches, and the changes to the booter are minimal to support
your box. Look into the patches (DON'T USE THEM WITH THE OLD BOOTER!), and
set the KA660 in the consio.c and so. The old booter is a bit simpler to
modify for this. But "my" booter also supports MSCP, i continue booting the
system from KFQSA after MOPping the booter.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de