Subject: Re: Any possible use for this old 3600 ?? (DSSI etc)
To: Andre Ferreira <andre.ferreira@dns.co.za>
From: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2000 10:01:16
Andre,

Actually, NetBSD does support DSSI.  I presume you have in your
machine the KFQSA controller.  Probably your best bet is to
netboot the machine, from either a Linux 5.x machine, or from
another machine running NetBSD, and see if the kernel recognizes
the drives.  Then, if you're still sure you want to wipe that
nice VMS, you can disklabel a drive, newfs it, and install
the NetBSD sets.  You should read Brian Chase's "The Vax
Network Booting HOWTO" at :
http://world.std.com/~bdc/projects/vaxen/VAX-netboot-HOWTO.html

Doug