Subject: Any possible use for this old 3600 ?? (DSSI etc)
From: Andre Ferreira <andre.ferreira@dns.co.za>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2000 10:58:26
Hi all

I have recently rescued a MicroVax 3600 from the bin. This fellow consists
of the standard BA213 enclosure, Ethernet interface (has AUI and thinwire,
LANCE I think ??), TK50 DLT tape drive, 20 Megs of RAM and three 400 Meg
DSSI drives. I also have an additional 400 Meg drive in an external cabinet
(can also take three drives).
The system currently has VMS installed (6.2), but I was looking to install
NetBSD (being essentially a Un*x person)

However, I have hit a bit of a blank. There seems to be no support for the
DSSI stuff. Is there anything I can do with this chap. It would be a shame
to waste all this good hardware.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Andre