Subject: Re: How many Vaxes?
To: None <port-vax@netBSD.org>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/21/2000 22:33:49
=:On February 21, Dan Kolb wrote:
=:> semi-related note, what sort of Vaxen do people on this list have - I'v
=:> seen lots of discussion about the 3100 series and the 2000 series, but
=:> not much more - does anyone else have a MicroVAX 3800, for example?

the 3100s and 2000s are pretty common and quite small compared even to PCs
so while some models are old and slow by current standards they still do
well in the keeps ticking contest.

  Running:
        MicroVAX-II [KA630 in BA23 chassis] (VMS both 5.4 and 7.2)
        MicroVAX-II [KA630 in BA123 chassis] (VMS)
    (3) MicroVAX 3100/m10e (VMS)
        MicroVAX 3100/m76 (VMS)
    (3) VAXstation 2000 (VMS, VMS, Ultrix)

Not running are loose Qbus spares. ;)

I don't have any NFS capable systems (ok one PC with linux) so running
these with netBSD has to be full performance to be interesting.

Allison