Subject: Re: How many Vaxes?
To: Paul Everett <repton@repton.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/21/2000 19:05:04
	You need to upgrade to the December 6th VAX snapshot (1.4P). The
reason it is so slow is that the kernel is running on PIO mode 0
SCSI. (very slow). 1.4P has a stable DMA SCSI kernel that will make your
3100 feel like a whole new machine :) It appears to be able to handle
doing a low volume ftp/web box with a decent HD inside. The m30 doesn't
have CPU speed to marvel at, but I think it'll build a kernel with DMA
SCSI in about 5 hours or so. Probably reduced further with -current.

	Chris