Subject: Re: How many Vaxes?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Kolb <daniel.kolb@corpus-christi.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/21/2000 18:50:56
Douglas Meade wrote:

> I've seen several estimates of the number of Vaxes sold, and a figure
> that is often touted for total sales of all kinds of Vax
> is 600,000.  Is the number really so small, and if so,
> does anybody know where one could find a list of sales
> by model?  Or is this confidential DEC sales info?
> I also wonder, what with all the "Vaxcination" going on
> how many remain?
>
> Doug

It would probably be confidential sales info. However, you could always
try phoning Compaq up and seeing if they've still got records. On a
semi-related note, what sort of Vaxen do people on this list have - I've
seen lots of discussion about the 3100 series and the 2000 series, but
not much more - does anyone else have a MicroVAX 3800, for example?

Dan
--
dankolb@ox.compsoc.net

'Common sense is a set of prejudices built up over a lifetime'
--I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any comments or
  opinions expressed--