Subject: Re: VAXstation 2000 headless multiuser boot.
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@KPNQwest.NO>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/18/2000 08:15:30
Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de> writes:

> Connect pin 8 and 9 of the console port (the 9pin-D-SUB-connector)

That's the classic "Yo! I want this to be the console port!".  :-)

> Locate the jumper near the BNC connector and reverse it.

It's on the same circuit board as the BNC connector, and a couple of
inches in from it.  I've found that I can just reach it with my needle
nose pliers without splitting the boards.  This jumper (on some boards
it's one of those cute little hook spring things) is what tells the
machine whether it's a VAXstation 2000 or a MicroVAX 2000, so it will
change the default console location between the graphical console and
serial port 3.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"