Subject: Re: KA42 RDRX formatter questions
To: None <PORT-VAX@NETBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Ivie <IVIE@cc.usu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/2000 15:07:44
>    I'm trying to format a MiniScribe 6053 44MB MFM drive on my MV3100/m30.
>Since this drive isn't in the ROM catalog I need some help deciphering what
>the formatter is asking me about. And where to find more info on it :) So
>far I know it has 1024 cylinders, 5 heads and IIRC 17 sectors/track. Why
>can't drive manufacturers print this info on the drive?! :)

Until just last month I used to have a piece of paper taped to my
filing cabinet with this info on it. Wouldn't you know that it would be
needed just after I finally lost track of it.

Fortunately, I once answered this question over on comp.os.vms.
Going to www.deja.com and searching for "xbnsiz ivie" should find
the article (it just worked for me). You'll have so search "past"
messages, of course.

Roger Ivie
ivie@cc.usu.edu