Subject: Re: RZ57 question
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Joules <peter@joules0.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/15/2000 21:42:30
In article <07eb01bf7732$6d1b0260$1ee14298@sch.bme.hu>, Gyenes Istvan
<frts@simba.sch.bme.hu> writes
>    Hello ,
>
>    I've got a VaxServer 3100 .
>    The problem is that NetBSD doesn't recognise the RZ57-E in the
>    strorage expansion box

[Snip]
>    sd1: 200 MB, 1348 cyl, 8 head, 38 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 409792
>    sectors
>    ncr1: no REQ for next phase, abort
>    ncr1: no REQ while aborting, reset
>    ncr1: reset SCSI bus for TID=3 LUN=0
>    ncr1: no REQ for next phase, abort
>    ncr1: no REQ while aborting, reset
>    ncr1: reset SCSI bus for TID=3 LUN=0
>    ncr1: no REQ for next phase, abort

I raised this several months ago, about my RZ56 which does the same, and
I believe the conclusion was that the RZ56 doesn't work with NetBSD at
the moment.  I have just got hold of a MV2000 which I intend to install
it on and use to  play about at net booting the MV3100.  If I can get
some help I would be prepared to play around with the code to see if I
can get the RZ56 to play but, although my C is reasonable I know very
little about the VAX or SCSI (at the moment ;-).

--
Regards
Pete