Subject: VS 3100/m76 SPX
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/15/2000 02:11:36
Hi!

I have decided it's time to dust off my old VaxStation 3100 /m76 SPX and
put netBSD on it. I have an RZ25, and a 1.2 gig Seagate drive and  a
TZ30 tapedrive  (TK50 compatible). I could swap the TZ30 for a RX23
floppy+controller.

Could one of you please point me at s few How-to-do-this-and-that, for
instance "how to boot from Tape, how to write bootable tapes (under netbsd
1.3.2 on a MVII), hints&tricks, etc.

the machine has 32M Ram, is this still an issue (ie 16meg limit?) a Lance
ethernet chip and the SPX 8plane graphic card running at 66Hz (GPX mode)

Is it still serial console only?
if not - what about X ?

I think i saw SCSI-DMA was fixed, is this right?

quick answers are welcome, good answers even more so.

* Ronny Svedman  	ronny@update.uu.se		*
* Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #australia	*
* 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny	*
* Sweden    		+46-(0)709-525109		*