Subject: Re: What do you think...
To: None <port-vax@netBSD.org>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/12/2000 17:54:53
<    John> I've done some research and it seems that DEC OSs never
<    John> supported anything but a tape drive on the VS2000's SCSI
<
<Basically it's plain SCSI, so just give it a try!

There is a patch for VMS that I forget who did (he's on the net with it).

I think he also had a boot rom patch too.  That is less of an issue.
The reality is you could boot from a smaller MFM drive as /root and
put the rest of the FS on SCSI so the boot issue is really not that big
a deal.  The other possibility is a primary boot on floppy as VS2000
supports RX33 (1.2mb) 5.25" drives.

Allison