Subject: Non-booting 4000/300
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@freegate.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/10/2000 16:49:48
Here is a really weird one.

I've got a VAX 4000/300 with the Emulex UC-08 SCSI controller. I've got VMS
installed on DUA1 and DUA2. I netbooted NetBSD and formatted DUA0 and then
labelled and partitioned it, and installed all the files. Then I did a
disklabel -B etc. Should be fine.

Now when I type '>>>B DUA0' I get
2...
-DUA0
1...0...

and nada, zip, no banner from Boot at all! Very weird. It is almost as if
it has decided to send the console off somewhere. (I see this on my VS3200
where the VCB-02 does the boot sequence and then after the 0.. it switches
to the serial port for the rest)

Help, what I can I check? I've tried the 1.4.1 boot, the 1.4P boot and the
boot.19991023 file from the kernels directory.

--Chuck