Subject: RAM
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/10/2000 14:19:12
Howdy Bob,

I got your package.  (And thanks for the coffee cups too!)  I plugged in
the 8MB board with high hopes only to have them dashed.  The self-test
went off without a hitch but NetBSD didn't see any more RAM.  Puzzled.  I
slotted the 2MB board and, voila, 11MB now.

I wound up taking out the tape controller.  I don't have any tapes anyway.
The only weird thing is now it doesn't autoboot.  It hangs at the
five-second press-any-key-to-abort-autoboot message.  If I press a key, it
boots fine.  I recall reports of similar features, but like I said, this
beast used to boot just fine unattended.

- Greg