Subject: Re: persistant rcmd build failure
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/10/2000 09:55:42
> 	Is this on -current or a release version?
>
> 	If its current, have you rebuilt and reinstalled all of the
> 	libraries in src/lib first?
>
> 		David/absolute
>
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, NetBSD Mailing list wrote:
>
> > I've been experiencing this problem for quite a while, even before
> > my last posting about it.  Can anyone please indicate if somehow
> > something locally is out of sorts or not?  I've completely replaced
> > the source tree twice now too.   Or is it simply that noone else
> > has been discovering this due to inactivity by the vax followers?
> > (my pmax machine is fine using the identical source tree).
> >
> > dependall ===> bin/rcmd
> > mkdep -a  -DIN_RCMD /abyss/ftp/pub/operatingsystems/NetBSD/vax-src/src/bin/rcmd/../../usr.bin/rsh/rsh.c
> > cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Werror   -DIN_RCMD -c
> > /abyss/ftp/pub/operatingsystems/NetBSD/vax-src/src/bin/rcmd/../../usr.bin/rsh/rsh.c
> > cc  -static -o rcmd rsh.o
> > rsh.o: Undefined symbol `_orcmd_af' referenced from text segment
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > *** Error code 1

Yeah, the libraries have been built and installed quite a number of times
now; I've resorted to "make -k" for the last two builds and installs.
I'm boggled by the whole thing if noone else is reporting the problem.

This is on -current.

NetBSD mod60 1.4S NetBSD 1.4S (MRYMIPS) #70: Thu Feb 10 07:43:34 PST 2000
staylor@mod60:/abyss/ftp/pub/operatingsystems/NetBSD/pmax-src/src/sys/arch/pmax/compile/MRYMIPS pmax

Cheers,
-skots
--