Subject: Re: Ultrix for Vax
To: None <port-vax@netBSD.org>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/09/2000 19:23:55
<Now what I want with Ultrix, when I've got NetBSD is another question,
<but I've got it running on one of my Decstations, and rather like it.
<Since DEC is not selling Ultrix, what category does that put it in?
<If somebody had tapes / CDs they were willing to lend me, are there
<still legal restrictions, copyright etc., which apply?
<
<Doug

You have to get to the product manager and ask him.

The basic scoop may be this.  Ultrix is a version of BSD from my
understanding contains some of the encumbered AT&T code.  So they
don't want to sell it(or support it) and they can't give it away.
At most they _may_ be able to sell a license.

Allison