Subject: Re: TK50 with KA650
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@jdwarren.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@KPNQwest.NO>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/09/2000 07:36:51
Lord Isildur <mrfusion@jdwarren.com> writes:

> has anybody had any experiences with TK50s that worked fine with
> KA630's but when the 630 was replaced with a 650, the TK50 stopped
> working right?  it seems a mighty coincidence.

I've got both CPUs, and have never seen any problems with any
combination of boards, but -- and I'm really, really reaching back
down into the murky depths of my mind now! -- I seem to recall that
there can, indeed, be problems getting a KA650 to work with other
boards that a KA630 has no problems with, if the KA650 is old, that
is, below a certain revision level.  It was something about the Qbus
access logic that was slightly wrong, I think.  Related to timing, if
my memory serves.  Does this ring a bell for anyone?

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"