Subject: Re: snapshots?
To: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/2000 12:25:34
> The Dec snapshot of 1.4P is probably

Speaking of snapshots..... is a 1.4Q or R or something like that due
out anytime?  I was playing around on last weeks current tarball set
on my DS5000/200 a couple of nights back, it it was up to Q, already.

Are there any new features in the VAXen playpen that would warrant
rolling another snapshot to help keep things in sync across the
architectures?  1.4P runs fine, generally, otherwise.

The one thing that I would like to see some thought on would be
to set up rcons with large size fonts, in 24/80 text mode on a
standard screen.  That would sure make things easy on us olden
pfartes with a dash of Mr. Magoo's myopia.  On my DS5000/200 box
with a PMAG-C card on a 19 inch VRT19 monitor, the screen characters
are 1/4 inch high!   Easy reading anywhere in the room, as opposed
to that teeeeeensie 100ish lines per screen mode.  The vax comes
up native in prom on the VRT262, for example, in large character
size that would be nice for general use in text mode if that could
be retained.  Anyone know if that can be done on a VS3100 class
machine?

Thanks

Bob