Subject: Re: VS3100 questions
To: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/2000 12:05:28
on 2/8/00 10:16 AM, Matthew Fredette at fredette@MIT.EDU wrote:

> The first thing I noticed is that anything generating a not-small
> amount of output (say, like ls -l /usr/bin) will dump core on a SEGV
> when piped through anything that only takes a small amount of input
> (like head).

    I had this with 1.4.1 on my VS3100/m30, gzip would dump all the time, I
could not shut down the system with shutdown, it dumped as well. I'd have to
use reboot to shut the system down, and just about everything would dump
when I did that. (inetd, mopd, etc.) The Dec snapshot of 1.4P is probably
your best bet as Bob mentioned.

> Plus, I'm short a keyboard.  Anybody got a VS3100 keyboard they're
> willing to part with for cheap?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Matt

    Let me know if you don't find one. I've got spares in the basement.

        Chris