Subject: VS3100 questions
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/2000 10:16:06
Hi.  A while back I picked up a VS3100m38 with 16MB and a 300MB drive.
I installed NetBSD 1.4.1 over the serial console and started using it.

The first thing I noticed is that anything generating a not-small
amount of output (say, like ls -l /usr/bin) will dump core on a SEGV
when piped through anything that only takes a small amount of input
(like head).

On my machine it's 100% reproducible.  gdb on the cores doesn't show
me anything useful, mostly because all of the binaries that have
dumped are stripped.  At some point I'm going to compile up something
and then test it, but I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas.
Hardware trouble would be more catastrophic, right?

I've also picked up a mono monitor (a VR299, I think) and a color
monitor cable (a BC18Z).  Some pinouts I've read suggest that my
VS3100's mono framebuffer may place its signal on the green BNC.
True?

Plus, I'm short a keyboard.  Anybody got a VS3100 keyboard they're
willing to part with for cheap?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

--