Subject: Re: Forget VUPs how about KCUs
To: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/06/2000 12:26:05
At 11:47 AM 2/6/00 -0800, Brian Chase wrote:
>But the performance will also be dependent on the controller+disk being
>used, the amount of RAM, and even the kernel you're running.  We'd have to
>specify more than just the CPU type for the baseline rating.

True, that would make an interesting set of vectors. So we've got
         CPU - KAxx
         Memory - 8, 16, 24, 32 MB (at 32MB my uVAX III never swaps)
         Disk - NFS, MFM, ESDI, DSSI, SCSI

Of course we could simply use the same peripherals for several types of
CPUs (at least in the Q-bus side of things we could use KA630, KA640,
KA650, KA655, KA660, KA670.

--Chuck