Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on a VAX
To: Christophe.Latt <christophe@t-online.de>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@KPNQwest.NO>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/03/2000 18:11:26
"Christophe.Latt" <christophe@t-online.de> writes:

> 	I would compile PostgreSQL6.5.3 on my MV3100m76 with the current
> userland but the _TAS feature is not implemented. Is there anyone who work
> on this feature or will I never be able to install a DB-Server on my Vax?

I implemented this (with some help from Ragge) and submitted it to the
PostgreSQL folks, and it was included into the distribution.  If it
has broken since, I'll fix it -- I hope to have one of my VAXen up and
running -current again within days, and getting a current PostgreSQL
working on it will be a high priority.  (Actually, I know of at least
one thing I did wrong: there are a number of "#ifdef vax" in there,
which should be "#if defined(vax) || defined(__vax__)" these days.)

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"