Subject: Re: Compile problems
To: Magnzs Egilsson <snowfox@isholf.is>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/03/2000 11:00:24
Hi !

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Magnzs Egilsson wrote:
> I recently got a 4000/300 up and running, (thanks Michael :) ), but have
> a slight problem.
> When I use gcc I get this:
>
> ze0 died	resetting
>
> This comes a couple of times and then the machine is VERY quiet netwise
> and on the console. Is there
> a workaround, (please bear with me, I am new to Vax). I know little of
> my machine other than this:
>
> RAM: 128 mb
> Qbus: containing 1 functional tapedrive and a dead disk
> A board labeled Emulex

I didn't find something useful against this yet. I have running NIS here, and
have to ftp the kernel to my server. If i use NFS, i get the same problem, and
the box never talks to my server again. So everything hangs, without NIS and
my homedir, it doesn't feel very happy. I only can shut down the machine from
the console, where i'm always logged in as root for this :-)

If you drive diskless, the problem may be extremely big. Maybe you should try
mounting via TCP, not UDP. Just an idea, because i have no problems using
FTP, only NFS, which uses UDP for the transfers.

BTW: Check your GECOS field or mailer configuration, there is "Magnzs" inside.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de