Subject: Re: VUP
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/03/2000 10:34:45
On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 11:33:12AM -0800, Chuck McManis wrote:
> At 12:19 PM 2/2/00 -0700, emanuel wrote:
> >Is there enough interest here to collect dhrystones of the different
> >machines ?
>
> There were some numbers somewhere on the net. However Dhrystones were very
> susceptible to compiler optimizations

Contrary to the Dhrystone author, _I_ think this is a _good thing_.

The only thing I'm really interested in is measuring the compiler+cpu
combination. I'm not going to hand-assemble a major scientific application.
(Or Mozilla.)

(For FP, possibly the Compiler+libm+cpu combination.)

Regards,
	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of