Subject: Re: VUP - speediedeamons and the World's Slowest VAX?
To: None <port-vax@netBSD.org>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/02/2000 22:59:16
<You always say that Allison, but actually the MicroVAX-II emulates more
<instructions than the MicroVAX-I.  The main deficiency in the MicroVAX-I

I know what the book said... but read the statement carefully.  I'll reword
it EXECUTES more emulated instructions.  Seems the mix and emulation paths
were slower that MVII also versions of VMS for MVI were less than optimum
for it.  I'd think if the IO is optimized and a SCSI card used under netBSD
the MV-I night do fairly well.

I think we agree it's still the slowest vax going.  Wait... I have one
slower My ADVICE, A MVII (Ka630) Cpu on a board ofr incircuit emulation
and testing, run at speeds that don't exceed the eproms on it (250ns!)
Though from ram it beats MVII if your using the 40mhz clock.  Kinda
interesting to watch at 2mhz!

Allison