Subject: Re: MVII boards now gone....
To: Alex van Denzel <bitbucket@adenzel.demon.nl>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/02/2000 15:12:59
On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Alex van Denzel wrote:
> NetBSD Bob wrote:
>
> > I suppose you could put a highboy bed up on a set of 4 725's, or BA123's.
> > .... just kidding....
>
> Friend of mine used to flip a mattress on the PDP11/44 system... (3x4'
> cabinets)

Even with 4 BA23s, you should be okay.

     Top view

 BA23s    boxsprings
          and matress
            .----,
 /  \       |    |
            |    |
        +   |    |
            |    |
 \  /       |    |
            `----'

        or

 BA23s    boxsprings
          and matress

            .----,
 \  /       |    |
            |    |
        +   |    |
            |    |
 /  \       |    |
            `----'

In that latter case, you could even giant wooden 'X's to fit the BA23s
into or onto to provide additional stability.  Actually you could fit a
wooden X onto the top of the BA23s as well for even more stability. Then
you set your boxsprings and matress on top of the whole thing. Then in the
space beneath it, you could store terminals, hubs, the network gateway
system.  It's perfect!

"Honey... what's that eerie vibration I'm feeling and that rattling
 noise?"

"Oh, don't worry.  That's just a find command being spawned by the 3am
 cron job."

So who's going to having the world's first child conceived on a VAX
cluster?  Of course with all the EM radiation you'd soak up while
sleeping, you might end up sterile.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
What's with all these bottle caps on my desk?  Why don't they put a string
to attach the cap to the bottle like they do with toothpaste, or make the
bottles have resealable Zip-Loc necks?  I think about stuff like this a
lot.  -- K.