Subject: Re: Emulex UC08 support
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Jimbo Duncan G7KES <Paul.A.Duncan@soc.soton.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/01/2000 18:31:14
Arno Griffioen wrote:

> > Has 1.4.1 (or -current) been tested against the Emulex UC-08 SCSI controller?
>
> I have NetBSD 1.4P running on an uVAX 3600 with an UC07 and that works fine.
>
> The UC08 is basically a dual-UC07, so I suspect that it will work fine
> too.
>
> The only thing is that I use the UC07 for disks only, so I don't know
> if the tape setting works too..

I have a pair of UC08's - one in a MicroVAX II and one in a VAX
4000-200.
You may be able to see one of them on a web site soon because I scanned
it
for someone. You may notice that the board is marked UC07, but it is
dual
channel. :-)

Haven't managed to get anything working on any of the VAXen so far, but
it
has been a looooong time since I tried to get NetBSD installing.

TTFN!
Paul Duncan					Tel: +44 1703 596385
Information Systems Group,
NERC Research Vessel Services,