Subject: Re: vax netbooting question
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/28/2000 20:06:23
on 1/28/00 2:10 PM, Can Altineller at altine@yacht.ee.fit.edu wrote:

> Ok. The bootparamd is working correctly at the beginning.
> The machine gets it name and the ip# and all that to get the kernel,
> and I can see bootparamd responding to whoami queries. and it mounts the
> the root directory (according to my messages) however the machine errs
> thinking that it can not.
>
> I will try dhcp tonight. if anyone else more ideas, please
> let me know.
>
> thanks.
> -C.A

    You are probably running into the same problem I'm having on
1.4P/pmax. When I try and tftp boot one of my DECstations, I get a bootp
timeout. Try invoking bootpd from the command line. If it says "Can not
get my IP address" then you're having the same problem I am. I have a
feeling this is probably due to IPv4 vs IPv6ish troubles. I haven't
send-pr'd this yet, but I think I will soon if I can't figure this out.

    Chris